Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
在槍擊案後幾天,網路上不停地將槍擊案本質拉升到國族/種族認同作文比賽,便想起Pink Folyd 的Wish You Were Here。
以下僅透過翻譯表達我看到作文比賽後霎時湧上的悲傷。
So, so you think you can tell
好的,所以你認為你能分辨出
Heaven from Hell? Blue skies from pain?
天堂和地獄、藍天與憂傷的差別?
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
你能看清冰冷鋼軌下的那片青草地嗎?
A smile from a veil? Do you think you can tell?
如果是面紗之下的微笑呢?你覺得你有辦法辨認出來嗎?
Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
他們是否能讓你將自己的英雄化作厲鬼?
Hot ashes for trees? Hot air for a cool breeze?
將餘燼變成樹木?將惡語換為良言?
Cold comfort for change?
將無用的安慰換成實際的改變?
Did you exchange
你交換了嗎?
A walk-on part in the war
把自己從一個戰爭中的小人物
For a lead role in a cage?
交換為牢籠中一個領導的角色?
How I wish, how I wish you were here
我多麼希望你能明白
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fishbowl year after year
我們只是兩個年復一年地在一個金魚缸中不停打轉的迷失的靈魂
Running over the same old ground, what have we found?
一再重複同樣的老戲碼的我們,最終發覺到了什麼?
The same old fears, wish you were here
仍是那最初統治我們的恐懼,我多希望你能明白。