讓『英文文法』更好懂 : 去動詞化 - V-ing 動名詞篇 (之二)
英文的單一句子裡只能出現一個動詞, 其他具有動作意思的字詞必須被 "去動詞化" 使其不再是動詞, 去動詞化後的字詞會變成以下 四種型態 :
(動名詞V-ing) (不定詞to +原V) (現在分詞V-ing) (過去分詞V-en)
此篇將介紹 去動詞化後 變成 (動名詞V-ing) 的情況 :
情況A] 以下這些 動詞 的 受詞 經常會是 動名詞
enjoy喜愛/享受, mind介意, practice練習, finish完成, avoid避免, admit承認,
deny否認, imagine想像, consider考慮, risk冒險, appreciate感激, anticipate期望,
suggest/recommend建議, keep/go on繼續, discuss討論, miss想念, quit戒, postpone延遲
- She enjoys being with him. 他喜歡跟他在一起。
- Would you mind answering the door for me? 你介意替我應門嗎?
- practiced swimming again and again before the contest. 那選手對在比賽之前憐惜由
- Your sister already finished doing her homework. 你的姊姊已經做完她的功課了。
- We all should avoid being rude to others. 我們都應該避免待人無禮。
- The suspect did not admit killing the victim. 那個嫌疑犯不承認殺害受害者。
- They did not deny going steady with each other. 他們不否認互相穩定交往。
- I cannot imagine living like that. 我無法想像那樣生活。
- Will you consider joining this game? 你會考慮參加這個比賽嗎?
- The surgery will risk losing her child. 這個手術將可能危害到胎兒的生命。
- We appreciated being invited to this meeting. 我們感謝被邀請參加這個會議。
- My company anticipates cooperating with your company in the near future. 敝司期盼在不久的將來能與貴司合作。
- The PM strongly suggested cancelling this business plan. 專案經理強烈建議取消這個企畫案。
- I will keep/go on reading this novel. 我會繼續讀這本小說。
- They want to discuss running a business with us. 他們想跟我們討論開公司。
- He misses being single. 他懷念單身。
- You should quit smoking for your health. 為了健康你應該戒菸。
- The government will postpone passing the new law due to the pandemic. 礙於疫情, 政府將延遲新法案的通過。
情況B] 動詞 go 及 come 意指進行某件事/某活動, 其 受詞 經常會是 動名詞
go進行..活動
come移動..做某事
- Let's go hiking this weekend. 咱們週末去健行。
- I seldom go shopping recently. 我最近很少去逛街。
- The kid came running with smile. 這孩子帶著微笑跑來了。
情況C] 以下這些 動詞片語 的 受詞 經常會是 動名詞
give up放棄, feel like想要/感覺像, end up結果成為, devote to專心致力於/獻身於
insist on堅持, embark on著手/從事, look forward to期待, can't help忍不住
- Do not give up chasing your dream. 別放棄追逐你的夢想。
- I feel like eating out tonight. 我今晚想出去吃飯。
- He will end up begging on the street. 他將會淪落到在街上乞討。
- These scientists devoted to studying this field of unknown. 這些科學家致力於未知領域的研究。
- They still insisted on hitting the road in nasty weather. 他們在惡劣天候下還是堅持啟程。
- We embarked on addressing this issue last week. 我們從上週開始處理這個問題。
- I look forward to receiving your reply. 我期待收到你的回覆。
- She always cannot help spending all her salary once she has it. 她總是一收到薪水就忍不住花光它。
感謝你/妳的耐心閱讀, 希望以上內容對你/妳有幫助 ! 請多多支持, 讓我能放上更多寫作技巧。