试译一些英文诗歌
When You Are Old 当你老了
BY WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS 叶芝
When you are old and grey and full of sleep,当你老了,白发苍苍,昏昏欲睡
And nodding by the fire, take down this book,且在炉火边打盹,取下这篇诗文
And slowly read, and dream of the soft look 慢慢地读着,回想那温柔眼神
Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep;双眸深醉
How many loved your moments of glad grace, 多少人爱过你的身若惊鸿
And loved your beauty with love false or true,爱过你的美丽,假意或纯真
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,惟有一人爱你圣洁的灵魂
And loved the sorrows of your changing face;爱你沧桑的戚容
And bending down beside the glowing bars,弯腰在炉罩边
Murmur, a little sadly, how Love fled略带忧伤地呢喃着,爱转眼成空
And paced upon the mountains overhead 漫步在头顶的群峰
And hid his face amid a crowd of stars.将脸埋进繁星之间
Sonnet 18: Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? 拟卿作夏日
BY WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE 莎士比亚
Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? 拟卿作夏日
Thou art more lovely and more temperate: 卿柔更可亲
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,风欺五月蕊
And summer’s lease hath all too short a date; 夏逝赛流金
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines, 天眸时灼灼
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd; 金面常阴阴
And every fair from fair sometime declines, 芳菲总零落
By chance or nature’s changing course untrimm'd; 人折或天侵
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,卿若夏之永驻
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow’st;风雅不失
Nor shall death brag thou wander’st in his shade,死神阴影难触
When in eternal lines to time thou grow’st:不朽于诗
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,但有人存眼非盲
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.此诗共卿千古芳
Invictus 不可征服
BY WILLIAM ERNEST HENLEY 威廉·埃内斯特·亨利
Out of the night that covers me,夜幕将我覆盖
Black as the pit from pole to pole,栏柱之间黑暗深沉
I thank whatever gods may be 感谢神灵的存在
For my unconquerable soul.赐给我不可征服的灵魂
In the fell clutch of circumstance 即便在逆境中跌跌撞撞
I have not winced nor cried aloud.我也没有畏缩、哭喊
Under the bludgeonings of chance 任凭命运挥舞大棒
My head is bloody, but unbowed.我头破血流,却始终挺直了腰杆
Beyond this place of wrath and tears 在这充满愤怒和泪水的地方
Looms but the Horror of the shade, 恐怖的阴影四处潜藏
And yet the menace of the years 然而迫人的时光
Finds and shall find me unafraid.会发现毫不恐慌
It matters not how strait the gate,不管那门如何狭窄
How charged with punishments the scroll,那罚如何难负载
I am the master of my fate,我是我命运的主宰
I am the captain of my soul. 我是我灵魂的统帅
Ithaka 伊赛卡
BY C. P. CAVAFY 卡瓦菲
TRANSLATED BY EDMUND KEELEY 埃德蒙德 基利 翻译成英文
As you set out for Ithaka 当你启程前往伊赛卡
hope your road is a long one, 愿你旅途漫漫
full of adventure, full of discovery. 充满历险,充满发现
Laistrygonians, Cyclops, 莱斯特律戈聂人,独眼巨人,
angry Poseidon—don’t be afraid of them: 愤怒的波塞冬—不要惧怕他们
you’ll never find things like that on your way 你永远不会在路上遇到他们
as long as you keep your thoughts raised high, 只要你始终思想高尚
as long as a rare excitement 只要斗志
stirs your spirit and your body. 充斥你的精神和肉体
Laistrygonians, Cyclops, 莱斯特律戈聂人,独眼巨人,
wild Poseidon—you won’t encounter them 狂野的波塞冬—你不会遇到他们
unless you bring them along inside your soul, 除非你将他们带到了你的心里
unless your soul sets them up in front of you. 除非你的心灵在你面前将他们竖立
Hope your road is a long one. 愿你旅途漫漫
May there be many summer mornings when, 有许多的夏日清晨
with what pleasure, what joy, 充满愉悦和欣喜
you enter harbors you’re seeing for the first time; 进入你初见的港湾
may you stop at Phoenician trading stations 愿你停驻腓尼基人的商站
to buy fine things,购买精美之物
mother of pearl and coral, amber and ebony,珠母和珊瑚,琥珀和乌木
sensual perfume of every kind— 每一种迷人的香水
as many sensual perfumes as you can; 尽情地购买迷人香水
and may you visit many Egyptian cities 愿你参观埃及的城市
to learn and go on learning from their scholars. 向学者们请教再请教
Keep Ithaka always in your mind. 把伊赛卡牢记心间
Arriving there is what you’re destined for. 抵达那里是你的宿命
But don’t hurry the journey at all. 但切勿旅途匆匆
Better if it lasts for years, 最好持续经年
so you’re old by the time you reach the island, 这样当你到达那座岛屿时,你正好年高德劭
wealthy with all you’ve gained on the way, 沿途的收获满满
not expecting Ithaka to make you rich. 不再指望伊赛卡让你发财
Ithaka gave you the marvelous journey. 伊赛卡赐你美妙的旅程
Without her you wouldn't have set out. 没有她,你就不会启程
She has nothing left to give you now. 现在她已经没什么可以给你的了
And if you find her poor, Ithaka won’t have fooled you. 如果你发现她一无所有,伊赛卡也没有骗你
Wise as you will have become, so full of experience, 你会变得明智,阅历丰富
you’ll have understood by then what these Ithakas mean.你将会理解这些伊赛卡的意义
If I could tell you
作者:W.H. Auden
Time will say nothing but I told you so,时间只会说,我早已告诉过你
Time only knows the price we have to pay;时间只知道,我们要付出的代价
If I could tell you I would let you know.如果我能告诉你,我不会对你保密
If we should weep when clowns put on their show,当小丑上台,我们痛哭流涕
If we should stumble when musicians play,当音乐响起,我们节奏乱踏
Time will say nothing but I told you so.时间只会说,我早已告诉过你
There are no fortunes to be told, although,尽管,命运无法提前透露蛛丝马迹
Because I love you more than I can say,因为我爱你,非言语所能表达
If I could tell you I would let you know.如果我能告诉你,我不会对你保密
The winds must come from somewhere when they blow,风来自它们吹过的大地
There must be reasons why the leaves decay;树叶凋零是因为哪里出了岔
Time will say nothing but I told you so.时间只会说,我早已告诉过你
Perhaps the roses really want to grow,也许玫瑰真想要开过花季
The vision seriously intends to stay;美景真想在永恒处下榻
If I could tell you I would let you know.如果我能告诉你,我不会对你保密
Suppose the lions all get up and go,假若狮群全都起身远逸
And all the brooks and soldiers run away;没有一条溪流、没有一个战士留下
Will Time say nothing but I told you so?是否时间只会说我早已告诉过你?
If— 如果
BY RUDYARD KIPLING 吉普林
If you can keep your head when all about you 如果,你能保持头脑清醒,当周围的人
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you, 都失去冷静并责怪于你
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,如果,你能相信自己,即使没人对你抱以信任
But make allowance for their doubting too; 而且还能容忍别人的怀疑
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,如果,你善于等待,不因等待而失去耐性
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies, 或者陷于流言,却不以谎言回还
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,或者被憎恨,却不被仇恨蒙蔽理性
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise: 既不爱慕虚荣,也不夸夸其谈
If you can dream—and not make dreams your master; 如果,你有梦想,却不被梦想奴役
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim; 如果,你能思考,却不以空想为枕
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster 如果,你能直面成功和失利
And treat those two impostors just the same; 对这两个骗子一视同仁
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken 如果,你能容忍,你说过的真理
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools, 被恶人歪曲,用以将蠢人欺骗
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,或者看到你的毕生心血,碎落一地
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:还能弯下腰,用破旧的工具修复重建
If you can make one heap of all your winnings 如果,如果你能将赢得的所有筹码堆成一块
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss, 冒险投入一局定胜负的掷硬币游戏
And lose, and start again at your beginnings 在输掉之后,从头再来
And never breathe a word about your loss; 还对输掉的一字不提
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew 如果,你能强打精神、卷起袖
To serve your turn long after they are gone, 坚守本分,即使已经一败涂地
And so hold on when there is nothing in you 坚持住,即便心已经伤透
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’ 惟有残留的意志告诉自己:坚持到底
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue, 如果,你身处普罗大众却能保有美德
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,或者与国王们同行 — 却不失平常心
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you, 如果,敌人和挚友都拿你没辙
If all men count with you, but none too much;如果,所有人都仰赖于你,但又各有所矜
If you can fill the unforgiving minute 如果,你在无情的每一分钟里
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run, 用60秒时间奔驰
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it, 这个世界,一切的一切,都会属于你
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!更重要的是,你将成为一名男子汉,我的儿子!
喜欢我的作品吗?别忘了给予支持与赞赏,让我知道在创作的路上有你陪伴,一起延续这份热忱!